Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pontoise


This morning I went to Pontoise. Every year an unexceptional section of town has their annual flea market; lots of families have stands, which I like, because I can buy stuff cheap for the kiddies.

A collection of beer steins and glassware, French and foreign. What is that gestapo thing in the upper left? I didn't notice it when I took the picture. You're not allowed to sell Nazi merchandise in France, even collectible memorabilia, so the relative anonymity of a flea market makes it a good place to sell it.






I know nothing about cars but I thought the ones below were neat.






I want this umbrella stand. I'm a sucker for all things copper.




And this makes me want to go skiing! back in a simpler time and place.



I came early, so the local rotisserie had just put chickens out to be slowly roasted. By noon they will be nicely browned and dripping with juices. Mmmm.



And no day would be complete without a gratuitous look inside the local bakery.


No comments: